Sunday, August 01, 2010

Anthony Clark at Zanies Vernon Hills, IL


Went to see Anthony Clark (he use to be on "Yes, Dear") at Zanies in Vernon Hills, IL Saturday Night. Pamela and I have not been out (without Lily) since we moved here in December and I can't remember us going out since she was born almost 2 years ago. We were clearly due for a night out.

The show was funny. The opener was bad, the feature was okay but, seems like a world class jerk. Then came Anthony Clark. We laughed so much for so long our faces hurt.

We did however, feel a bit sorry for him. I know he had shows in Chicago so it wasn't a big deal for him to come out to the burbs but, this comedy club was in a strip mall. There were maybe 35 people total at the show. He called us "the little audience that could".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anthony Clark was great. I laughed the entire time he was on. The opener was REALLY bad I agree. The middle comic was good, but not great. I hope Anthony Clark comes back again as I will certainly go see him again. Hope he writes some new material as well as many of the jokes although very funny were done by him earlier on.